• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Jersey Retail Installment Contract Breech?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sandflea578

What is the name of your state? NJ

My wife and I went into a dealership to purchase a new van. We came to terms with the dealer and signed a NJ Retail Installment Contract, which discloses all the information concerning the loan, i.e. intrest rate, term, monthy payment due, date due, ect. We get a call 2 days later from the dealership saying that they are having trouble with the creditor agreeing to the terms of this contract which we thought was a "done deal". The creditor now whats more money down and wants to increase our APR by 2.5% The dealership said they were looking at other banks to finance the deal, if this original creditor wouldn't do it. Our question: ONCE ALL PARTIES AGREED TO THIS CONTRACT, CAN THEY JUST VOID THIS AND MAKE US SIGN A DIFFERENT CONTRACT? Seems as though they misled us by getting us to sign on the dotted line..........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">