• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new trailer purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmahoney

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
I purchased a custom built concession trailer, when we went to pick it up there were several issues that needed attention. We identified the items and they were listed on the buyers agreement and purchase agreement. A day later we found several other items wrong, I contacted the seller as well as the manufacturer, both who said they would look into the resolution. By the end of the 3rd day, no resolution to the issues had been communicated. I went ahead and put a hold on the check, they have $4,000 of my money already. I just spoke to the seller and he told me that I am not allowed to do anything on the trailer as he still owns it since I stopped payment. Can you please tell me what rights I have as far as doing any work on the trailer &..

justalayman

don't ya think he has a point? You have not paid for the trailer so why would you think you have a right to do anything with it?

By stopping payment on the check, you have unilaterally attempted to rescind the sale. that means it is his trailer

unless of course he wants to check into whether your actions constitute a crime or not and see where that goes.

BL

What does your buyer contract state about resinding the sale ,if anything. Since it has so many issues ,ask to resind and a refund.

Hopefully you did not commit a crime by stopping payment .

Consult a Lawyer about voiding/resinding the contract ( if it has so many adverse issue - against the contract's decription ) with a refund of amount you pd.

Let the owner try to sell it to someone else - be gone and say goodbye.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">