• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Vehicle Contract question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobLump

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I entered into a contract with a large automobile dealership and purchased a new vehicle. Toyota Finance is financing the vehicle. My dilemma follows, I was forthcoming about the nature of my financial past and the dealership ran a complete credit check on me and reviewed this information with me concerning the interest rate for financing. They even pressured me into choosing the interest rate I did in order to receive this rebate. Its been two weeks and I received a call about the rebate that I was awarded by the financing department, stating I am ineligible for the rebate and I need to return and sign a new contract with an additional $1000.00 in cash (they offered to hold a check). I reviewed the contract and found no clause about their discretion being involved about recall of the agreement, and I withheld nothing about my financial situation before entering the agreement.

The situation is bothering me, I've had enough contract law education to understand the basics. These specifics are outside my range however. I would appreciate some advice.

Should I cave in and give them more money?
Should I contact an attorney?
Should I give them the vehicle back and go elsewhere?

Thanks in advance. I won't be able to respond for a few hours but I will return this evening.

Rob

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">