• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newly purchased used car didn't pass state inspection.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mindylou25

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?New Hampshire
On Apr, 1 2005 I purchased a used car from a dealership marked in "as is" condition on the warranty page. However nowhere on the paperwork did it mention anything that was wrong with the vehicle and was not given temp plates or inspection sticker. When taken to my mechanic for inspection I was told it would not pass and had to replace $512 worth of parts. I was told by the mechanic (who also has a dealer liscense) that in "as is" condition still has to be disclosed any problems that would keep the vehicle from passing inspection. This information was nowhere to be found. The dealer claims that they never put the vehicle through the shop but it was on the lot with a 'for sale' sticker on it. Do I have any grounds to ask the dealer to pay for these repairs?

A

absconder

Next time make it conditional that the car pass the test b4 buying it. What year and make is this car? Under federal law emissions equipment is warranted for 5 years {CA 8 years}.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">