• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no camper

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tshump

What is the name of your state? I am from MI and here is my question. On May 5, 2005, my husband and I ordered a travel trailer from an on line company from Albany New York. Upon talking with the salesman from there he told me that it would probabley ready to be picked up at the end of June, but to be on the safe side don't make any reservations for the week of the fourth of July. There web site says 8 to 10 weeks for delivery also. The fourth of July came and went without a phone call from the dealer, so I called and he said that it would come off of the assembly line July 15. About 3 days later I called to set up a date for pickup and he said that it wouldn't come off line until August 15 now. I told him that I didn't want to wait that long and asked to try to trade up if it would get us a camper sooner. As of this time he has been unwilling to help. I wanted to just cancel the order and go get one off a lot somewhere but he says we can't. The factory rep says the camper is not even going to be made until August 10, so why can't the camper order be canceled. We signed a purchase order stating that they would not be responsible for any delays in manufacturing and also gave them a deposit of $1585.00. In my opinion, we were lied to about the time that it would take to make this camper and 3.5 months is not a delay. The rep told us he should of told us that it would be at least 12 weeks at the time we ordered. My question is, do we have any legal standing on getting our deposit back even though we signed that purchase order? I feel that this was not a delay, he knew all a long that it was going to take at least 12 weeks to complete and he just wanted the order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">