• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Cash Refund only Return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brian H

I live in Texas. I just bought a Engine for my 98 Chevy Lumina from a junkyard. The Owner said it was a good engine with no problems. Once I got it home i ran a compression test on all the cylinders and found that 4 of them were very low, 1 was good and one was dead. He said to call him back in a couple of days and he would replace the motor if he could find one. I explained that I am renting a car and I need this engine ASAP. His warranty policy is exchange only no money back. My question is, How long does he have to make good on the engine I bought??

djohnson

Truthfully and probably not what you want to hear but it is your responsibility to check it out before you purchase it. Do you have any proof or warranty of what he said about the engine being good? Is that specific enough to not mean different things to different people. You can always sue but I don't think you have much of a chance of getting anywhere. Your best bet would be to work with him on trading for another one.

B

Brian H

engine

well he wants me to install it into the car and see how it runs. if I don't like it, bring it in and his junkyard mechanic will fix it. I told him the only way to fix it is to take it back out again but he will not hear that. He insists i install it. Quite frankly I am not going to waste my time. I have already wasted enough. I cant believe this guy can steal money from our family like that and get away with it. If I were to go steal my money back,I would go to jail. where is the accountability?

racer72

He didn't steal the money, you handed it to him before checking out the engine. It sounds like he made a fair offer.

B

Brian H

Engine

Yes ,Correct, I handed him the money. But he said it was a good motor and it ran fine. But I get it. I am the idiot for believing what the man said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">