• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No contract was signed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sam2003

What is the name of your state? CA

Originally I took one computer class from a technical school. I signed a contract, which stated that I agree and understand the cancellation policy, the refund policy, and that I am abided to pay the monthly payments until the balance is fully paid. Four months later, the school told me that I can upgrade the contract to the “Technical Bundle” for $3,150 more. The Technical Bundle is a package that offers the enrollment to any class within one year at a one-time fee. I paid off the first computer class and decided to take their offer, notifying the school that I wanted to upgrade to the technical bundle. The school told me the new balance, and we arranged for the monthly payments of $361 for 9 months. Within the next three months, I took two more classes and paid the three monthly payments. During that time, I discovered from my classmates that they paid $500 for each course, totaling $1,000 for the two courses. On the fourth month, I contacted the school and informed them that I wanted to cancel the Technical Bundle. It is at this time that they explained the contract for the Technical Bundle including its cancellation policy and refund policy to me. They told me that normally there is no cancellation for the technical bundle. They decided to do me a favor by letting me cancel out of the technical bundle but I have to pay the full listed price for the courses totaling $2,500 ($900 and $1600). I was unaware of their listed price for all their classes except the very first class that I took. I have never seen or signed the new contract. They did not inform me of their cancellation policy and the full listed price for the courses when I upgraded to the technical bundle. I currently owe the school $1,417, $2,500 minus the three payments of $361.

Question 1: Upon the agreement of the Technical Bundle, was the school required to provide the terms and conditions of the Technical Bundle for which my signature was required for my full understanding of the agreement including its cancellation and refund policies?
Question 2: Am I required to pay the current balance of $1,417 even though no contract was signed?
Question 3: Will I win the case in a small claim court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">