• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no credited payments then illegal repo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mslove0123

What is the name of your state? CA
I financed a car Kia Spectra 2002 model on May 31, 2002. Paid money to dealer and to finance company but was not credited for either.I sent numerous copies of the cashed checks and reciepts from my bank to each but still was not credited.I frequently asked for my principal balance due on the car so I could refince the car with my bank and get free of the finance company since I was paying without the $ credited to me. When I told the finance company, after 8 1/2 months of faxing (proving) with bank check clearance statements, to credit me in 30 days time or I would persue legal action against them they had my car reposessed. I was less than 20 days late with one paymenet (by of which I notified the finance company a month prior I would be 25 days late due to medical problems and at that time they said they would waive the late fee since I had given them such notice), and I was no sent a notice/letter of delinquency or of reposession.I spoke to someone at the finance company just 3 days prior and the morning of the reposession, before the car was taken, and offered to pay it off if they would give me an exact amount and where to wire/send payment.Instead the finance co. manager called my home within 30 minutes (my first call from the company in my 8 1/2 months of calling them) and asked if I would still then sue them over my missing money after paying for the car.I said yes if not credited it or it returned. 2 1/2 hours later the car was reposessed.Two men drove behind my home in a truck, one got out and used a "slim Jim" to pop open my door, then he drove off in my car.I called the finance company manager back and asked him if they had it repo-ed or if it was stolen and he said it was repo-ed because I said I would sue.I had to wire them a hefty fee to get the car back but want to know how to get "reposession" off my credit record now, how to report this company for their practices as I cannot see them as legal in California (I live in San Diego), and my legal recourse options.I am not wealthy, in fact a single mom pregnant with triplets, but will hire an attorney if I have a case to recover damages (fees for another car I used when mine was gone, the missed work income, the car bail out amount, their repo fee, the missing money I've paid and was never credited to my account, and -if possible-infliction of stress, especially since I am to have no stress during my triplet pregnancy).Any legal advise would be of great help as I feel as I am a victim of theft (vehicle and money). This has been a very tamatic and stressful time. Also, is there a way to make the finance company tell me how much is left to pay and force them to let me pay it off.There also seems to be fees added every month to my payment for "being late"($50/monthly) and a "due date change" ($25/monthly) even though neither has occured... ever.I tried talking to accounting dept. at the fianance company and the legal dept. too but only get the run-around... they send me to a voicemail to some drone worker and, like I said, in 8 1/2 months my only call back was from the finance company manager asking if I would sue for my money the day the car was reposessed.I have gotten no help or communication from anyone (at Kia Financial Services or Primus Financial as they are jointly known). What do I/can I do? Desiree [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">