• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no expiration date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kathleger

Maryland - I signed a contract with a wedding photographer that included his services at my wedding, proofs of all photos, 2 parents photo albums, and my wedding album. I paid him in full when we signed the contract. There is no expiration date on the contract. I am now trying to order my wedding album and he says that he "can't" do it because I waited too long to order. Is he still legally bound to provide the product that I paid for? Can he impose an expiration date without letting me know what that date is/was?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What was the length of time between your Wedding date, and the date you first contacted him to place your order ?

What does he mean by "he "can't" do it because I waited too long to order" ? Why, was there a fire ?

Usually, a reasonable period of time, when one is not specified, is 30 days. However, since you've already paid, and negatives are not "perishable" (like fruit, or LegalBeagle), then what does it matter whether you order within 30 days or 30 months ?

Let me know the answers to these questions, and perhaps we can help you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">