• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No finance charges 'til 2003

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

preckline

What is the name of your state? maryland i purchased furniture with a promotion same as cash - i paid them in full by the payment due date - which was stated on the invoiced to do - they are now saying that i had to pay them by 1/1/03 and owe them $500. i sent my check, marked "p.i.f." and they accepted and cashed it 3 months ago! now they say due to a system error, i owe them this money. do i have to pay?

L

louiebingo

what proof do you have?

what were the terms? did it say no payments till 2003 then jan 1st is 2003....

or did it say 6 months same as cash?

What exactly did it say? I have 12 months no interest but i still have to may $20 payments each month.

What you are looking for somewhere on the statement saying no interest will be charged if paid IN FULL by Jan XX,2003.

then circle it make a copy and fax it back to them.

Remember that does not mean if you sent by the due date, it means it has to be credited to your account by that date.

Last edited:
P

preckline

the invoice clearly states to "pay by the due date any promotion same as cash" the promotion alert was 1/1/03 which informed me that my promotion would be ending in that billing period. the due date was 1/21 - i mailed my check clearly marked p.i.f. on 1/12 - it was received by them on 1/14 and cleared my bank on 1/15...this was 3 months ago and i have heard nothing from them until last week when they stated that due to a "system error" i owe them all finance & interest charges - $500...the store i made the purchase from even stated they are at a loss as to what they are trying to do but they are the store's leasing company and the store has nothing to do with it..furthermore, shortly after the check cleared their credit card was cut in half and returned to them to close the account!

P

preckline

actually i am dealing with "retail services" but how did you know that..(if it was in my first post..then, duh)..have you had problems with them in the past?? i think they are a very deceiptful bunch and i fully intend to report them to the consumer protection division and the ftc!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">