• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mapman

What is the name of your state? NC

I own a mapping business. In October, I was asked to deliver some aerial photographs to a customer. We went back and forth via email and finally we got all the specs and prices agreed on. Once the photographs were delivered the client said that he could not use them because the of the scale. He could no do the work that he does with that particular scale. The product that was delivered was at the scale that was in the specifications.

He wanted to return them. I said I could not take them back because they were made specifically for this job. His response was that he nor his company would pay for the photos.

I have contacted a lawyer in VA and they said that they would do it on contengency but would take 50% of anything collected. 50% does not even pay for my product cost.

Here is my questions, he lives in North Carolina but his company is incorporated in VA with the principal place of business in VA as well. Can I take him the small claims in NC or would I have to do it in VA? NC small claims upto $4,000, VA small claims $2,000.

Question 2. If I did hire a lawyer, can I recover the legal cost?

Retail price of the product in dispute was $4,600.

Thank you for your assistance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">