• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No product and no refund!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jkvest

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband bought a "cable filter" for $70 from one of the many internet companies offering them. Unfortunately, he wasn't thinking when he did it and he didn't consult me first--I would've said bad idea. He received a SPAM email (one of many) which took him to a website where he bought it.

We received the product and he discovered it didn't work. My husband emailed them to tell them and they said to return it and they would be happy to issue a refund or send another unit. We received several emails around that time apologizing and saying they had received a bad shipment from their supplier and they were working on correcting it. So we sent it back, they received it. They said they were mailing us a check (we paid with credit card) but it has been over a month and we have no check and no response to our emails and the website is no longer in service.
The credit card we bought it with only offers protection on purchases made within your home state. The "company" is located in Missouri. What are my options for trying to get the money back? We have phone numbers but they haven't been working. The company name is JKA Enterprises. I will file a complaint with the BBB but is there anything else I can do? Would small claims court work? I guess at the very least, my husband has learned a lesson about responding to SPAM.

HomeGuru

jkvest said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband bought a "cable filter" for $70 from one of the many internet companies offering them. Unfortunately, he wasn't thinking when he did it and he didn't consult me first--I would've said bad idea. He received a SPAM email (one of many) which took him to a website where he bought it.

We received the product and he discovered it didn't work. My husband emailed them to tell them and they said to return it and they would be happy to issue a refund or send another unit. We received several emails around that time apologizing and saying they had received a bad shipment from their supplier and they were working on correcting it. So we sent it back, they received it. They said they were mailing us a check (we paid with credit card) but it has been over a month and we have no check and no response to our emails and the website is no longer in service.
The credit card we bought it with only offers protection on purchases made within your home state. The "company" is located in Missouri. What are my options for trying to get the money back? We have phone numbers but they haven't been working. The company name is JKA Enterprises. I will file a complaint with the BBB but is there anything else I can do? Would small claims court work? I guess at the very least, my husband has learned a lesson about responding to SPAM.
**A: most likely he should consider the money as a donation and move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">