• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Purchase Necessary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

band80

Mass. but I think that's irrelevant... I'm looking for laws on US Code or other national codes such as the FCC:

You know how on cereal boxes that have sweekstakes they have ways for people to enter without buying the product ("No Purchase Necessary to Enter")? I was wondering if this law applies to all free gifts that are given with products.

If a company is giving away free gifts (such as entry into a sweepstakes), do I have the right to request a free entry? I really would like specific references to US code. Please give me the locations of anything you find (title, section, chapter... etc.) Thanks!

C

cur7is

Though I'm not going to bother looking up anything in reference to this, I can tell you two things:

One) If it's something you can send away for, then by all means, you are allowed to request a free entry into the sweepstakes.

Two) If it's a free gift given to you because you purchased their product, there's nothing you can do about it, simply because it was a gift FOR PURCHASING their product.

If we're talking about cereal boxes here, you can request a free entry by looking at the box and writing down the address of where to send for a free entry form.

B

band80

Thanks Cur7is. Do you think these laws would be in the US code or in something else?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">