• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcritser59

What is the name of your state?Kansas
I bought a car from an individual back in February. At that time the person said that they would send the title in as I sent them the last payment as they live about 2 hours from me. I called them about two weeks later and his Mom said that they have not got the title back yet. This has been going on since February. A little over a week ago when I called she said that the State Treasurer had to verify that it is her son's signature since he had'nt sold a vehicle before. I contacted the county treasurer here and she ran the vin# through and it came back that there has been no application made for that title.
So now I have the car and no way too get a tag. This is my only vehicle and I have no way too drive it since I am unable too get a tag. So any help or advice would be appreciated.
This is my first time on here so I hope I in the right forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">