• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gainey79

NY. I purchased a vehicle from a dealer cash. The dealer has not provided me with a title. It is now approaching 50 days that I am unable to register the car. Am I entitled to my money back at this point.

BL

New or used ?

Did the dealer send in the registration,Etc. to DMV ?

If so ,have you contacted the dealer about it ,or DMV ?

If not , have you contacted the dealer about it ?

Was all the paper work signed at sale ?

Did you pay over $10,000.00 in cash ?

gainey79

Used car, paid $4200 cash. I purchased the car in NY but live in CT so no info was sent to dmv. I contacted the dealer and they give the run around. It seems they don't know where the title is.

BL

Contact NY DMV about a replacement title .

If you get nowhere contact the Office Of Attorney General - consumer affairs and file a complaint .

If this was an in person sale ,why on earth would you purchase an auto without taking possession of a signed over title ?

I can see if you paid the dealer for registration,etc. also .

Then it's their responsibility do get the paperwork to DMV .

Yes , I would imagine if you can not get a title in your name for the vehicle you purchased ,you would be able to return the auto for a refund .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">