• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Written Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trixie557

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

The breeder sent me home with my puppy with no written contract stating when he had to be paid off. It has been 3 months and she is now claiming he needs to be returned and I need to know if she has grounds to actually take him, or if the worse she can do is take me to court for the money? He is in my possession, micro chipped in my name, I have paid for ALL of his food and care since he has been her, and have photos to prove he has been mine this entire time.

She has his liter registration, but that is all, it has never been sent off. Again there is NOTHING written down, no contract on him at all.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You are very focused on there not being a written contract, which leads me to believe that you are not abiding by your verbal contract and hope that you will be able to screw the breeder because the contract was not memorialized in a writing.

ETA: Pay what you owe, sheesh!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

The breeder sent me home with my puppy with no written contract stating when he had to be paid off. It has been 3 months and she is now claiming he needs to be returned and I need to know if she has grounds to actually take him, or if the worse she can do is take me to court for the money? He is in my possession, micro chipped in my name, I have paid for ALL of his food and care since he has been her, and have photos to prove he has been mine this entire time.

She has his liter registration, but that is all, it has never been sent off. Again there is NOTHING written down, no contract on him at all.
So basically you want to legally steal the dog. Not going to happen. He has been in your possession. That does not mean the dog is yours. You have breached the contract by not paying. Time to pay the breeder.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">