• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nobodys had the political clout to get involved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmcnama

What is the name of your state? California After deciding to relocate to Oregon and purchasing a home there in March 02 my husband suffered a bout with cancer from April till September and could not move until he had recovered. We contacted a local real estate website saying that we needed a loan to complete our relocation and needed to sell our house there. The website owner contacted us saying he could sell our home in 90 days or free and he had heard we were looking for a hard money loan and that his broker was willing to give us a loan. The day before we were to get the money we were told that the lender was requiring that we sign a 6 mo listing instead of the 3 mo agreed on with their firm knowing we were to sign with another firm that night. We agreed as we were desparate by then and needed the loan. They never had an open house, refused to show the home, chased away 4 written offers we had received and/or refused to respond until it was too late, they have told neighbors to mind their own business, threatened to pull a brokers license if she bought our home (she had sold hers to buy our, but said she had to back out as she could not afford to lose her business). He has refused to answer over 25 faxes we sent to his personal fax number and found out last week that the Associate he had made us sign the listing with had his license suspended in Jan 00 and it was not removed until Oct 2002 a full month after the listing was signed with us. The brokers license has also been suspended on several occassions for comingling funds that were not his to comingle and the California Real Estate Board in Sacramento sounded like they were not telling all. They said the broker had his license suspended under 2 different names and both times he had 2 years of the suspension stayed by paying a $1000 fine. The man has 180 (one hundred and eighty) in house Associates and all the staff to support them in just one of the locations that he owns. Does anyone out there really believe that his paying a $1000 fine to have 2 years of suspension lifted off his record twice is detering him? Does anyone out there even care? As everywhere I have turned everyone has told me that what he is doing is illegal, nobody wants to get involved as the man apparently has a lot of political clout. With my family being just another one of the many families he has squashed along the way in his lifetime. I choose not to be bitter, but someone needs to stop this man. He is even so arrogant about it that he had one of his Associates call me just to laugh about my threatening to report them to the appropriate agencies. Is anyone out there willing to help? Its all on paper and I can prove it all, why won't anyone help? Even the family lawyer is running for cover. Is there anyone out there willing to try to help? Their website boasts how they will sell your home in 90 days or less or its free, yet our home has been listed with them for over 5 months and when I sent them a letter requesting that they waive their fees, instead of responding to me they called the person who had just submitted a written offer on our home to say that they could not buy it because I was refusing to pay their commission and told him that if he really loved the house that he could save a bundle after April 1st at the foreclosure sale, so the broker/buyer called to say that he did not want to get involved and was retracting his offer and buying another house, but was kind enough to say that he wished me the best of luck. Luck is not what I need as I can prove 99% of this in any court of law, what I need is a good lawyer. Any suggestions anybody?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">