• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NeedMuchInfo

What is the name of your state? MA
Here's my problem. I went to work for an aesthetics company (we do facials, waxings, etc.) that had me sign a non-compete (we are not to work within 25 miles of the salon for 1 year after employment there). After working there for almost a year I've seen my share of shady practices such as no breaks, non payment of worked lunches, infractions of the state licensing laws among other things and recently they suggested that we come in a half hour before work and leave a half hour after work for set up and clean up without pay. I know these things are illegal but I'm not a whistle blower, I simply want to get out of this hell but remain in my field without getting sued. I know that the owner of the company actively sues people who have broken the agreement.

I'm frustrated--can someone give me a little insight?
Thank you.

P.S. the 25 mile stipulation in the non-compete makes it very prohibitive geographically speaking

B

badtenant

then you have to report the violations, and see what happens.

as long as you have legitimate violations,and an inspector checks them out and its true, and they were fined or written up and you have a copy of that..... what are they going to do?

you would have a good hand of cards, and they would have some stupid non compete agreement.

Usually non competes are used for either high level sales/executives, or if a company lays out money and trains you, they dont want you to leave and work for a competitor, or start your own business right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">