• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Compete not in Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dougdennis

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was employed by a corporation as an independent contractor providing therapy services to our local school board. I had the non-compete clause removed from my contract with the corporation. Unknown to me, the corporation signed a non-compete contract with the school board, preventing me from working for the school board, as an employee, for one year.

Since I had no knowledge of this agreement can I take action against either or both of these parties?

My rate was also paid at below the amount specified in the contract with the corporation, as their contract with the school board did not pay as well for non-patient care activities?

Ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">