• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not acceptance of foreign issued VISA card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kevil

My foreign issued card was declined for unknown reason at the specific gas station although it works great at any other store or gas station chain. I would like to file a lawsuit against the gas station chain and seek compensation of $1 million. The card was covered by enough funds and it was not a technical problem. Whom to contact for a free representation?

RRevak

My foreign issued card was declined for unknown reason at the specific gas station although it works great at any other store or gas station chain. I would like to file a lawsuit against the gas station chain and seek compensation of $1 million. The card was covered by enough funds and it was not a technical problem. Whom to contact for a free representation?
You wouldn't happen to be bald with a short cohort would you? :rolleyes: ;)

Proserpina

My word, the trolls are out early this week!

On the off-change that this is a genuine inquiry, here's the legal answer:

You have no case.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The person to sue is the one who told you that the gas station was legally obligated to accept your VISA card.

sandyclaus

Good luck with that.

The car was declined by your bank, NOT the gas station. Your issue is with your BANK, and NOT the gas station chain.

And $1 million? I just about snorted my coffee through my nose across the room after seeing that figure. The affront to your dignity when your card was declined must have made you soil yourself. You could have bought new underwear and clothing for far less.

No attorney in their right mind is going to help you file such a frivolous lawsuit. Bahahahahahahahaha!

justalayman

dang, and it isn't even a weekend and the trolls are running wild.

Kevil

The person to sue is the one who told you that the gas station was legally obligated to accept your VISA card.
According to VISA Inc. document "Visa International Operating Regulations Core Principles"

6.0 Payment Acceptance

6.2 Visa merchants may not refuse to accept a Visa product that is properly presented for payment, for example, on the basis that the card is foreign-issued 4, or co-branded with the merchant’s competitor's mark.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
My American MC gets declined sometimes. It's not because the daily spending limit is hit. It's usually because there's some kind of problem with the store's modems/network. Not that big a deal. :cool:

RRevak

Am I really the only one who pictured OP, pinky to lips, proclaiming that the gas station owes him 1 MEELLION DOLLARS! *bum bum baaaah* :D Ok, it must be time to dive into the beer :p

Kevil

My American MC gets declined sometimes. It's not because the daily spending limit is hit. It's usually because there's some kind of problem with the store's modems/network. Not that big a deal. :cool:
It was not this case. The card was accepted by the POS Terminal without any problems but just declined. If the problem is with the POS Terminal the clerk could use the imprinter or call the authorization center by phone to get authorization code for transaction. Note I am expert in data communication with deep knowledge of payment cards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">