• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not required to send out a bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azroth

colorado

When i worked for a rather large internet provider (nationwide) and someone would complain about not getting their invoice/bill wich made them late on their payment we were told to tell them that 'there is a law that states that we are not required to send out a bill and you are responcible for any charges to your account' or something along that line

i was wondering if this is infact a vaild law and if so what law is it ?

Thanks!!!

L

loku

There is no law that says that they are not required to send a bill; however, there is no law that says they are required to send one. If the customers agree to make payments, they must do so, bill or not. However, if it is the custom to send a bill, a court may find that the cusomers were justified in relying on the bills, and therefore, they do not owe interest, but that is a long shot.

djohnson

also, I do work for a utility company and they also say something along those lines but on the occasion it has came up in the original contract that was agreed to it states something along the lines of you should receive your bill by such and such date and if its not received withing 5 days of that date its the customers responsibility to contact the office to find out the amount due and the date due. Most large companies have to have something like that due to the large number of items called "lost mail"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">