• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure how to proceed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vinnie9000

Hi,
I'm a Pennsylvania rersident and am not sure what to do. I'm getting married in just over 2 months and have recently begun to doubt my caterer. I did some digging and have found a police blotter about her forging stolen checks. From this blotter I did some research and found court dockets about the case and judgement. From what I can tell she was sentenced last Tuesday to 9 - 23 months in jail and 5 years probation. When I tell her I'm having concerns about the food and would like a tasting, she said that she is going to Texas on 4/21 to meet her fiance who is getting home from Iraq and will be taking "time off" until our wedding to be with him. This is sounding pretty shady to me and I really want to know what is happening so I can find a new caterer if need be. BTW, we gave her a $2500 deposit(she wanted a ton more) which I'm pretty sure I'll never see again. Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">