• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if right topic, but Ford recall question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FordGirl05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

As my name suggests, I own a 2005 F350 diesel. 2nd owner. Had it for 2 years. I am aware of several recalls on this truck, and I am trying to figure out whether or not the recall work can be done if I'm not the OR, and how to find out if it was? I'd assume a single owner had these issues taken care of, but I'm not sure. I researched first, and while I could get several "well, this is what I did", or "this is what I was told", I wasn't able to find anything out for sure.

I know I could call the Ford house again, but every time they realize I'm not trying to actually schedule a maintenance appointment, they put me on hold and either hang up, or they take my info and never call back. I've tried calling a couple Austin dealers, and they tell me I'll have to call back to talk to X person, or some other crap.

Again, I wasn't sure where to stick this, because while I saw the Lemon Law forum, I wasn't sure this went in there.

Thank you!

quincy

As my name suggests, I own a 2005 F350 diesel. 2nd owner. Had it for 2 years. I am aware of several recalls on this truck, and I am trying to figure out whether or not the recall work can be done if I'm not the OR, and how to find out if it was? I'd assume a single owner had these issues taken care of, but I'm not sure. I researched first, and while I could get several "well, this is what I did", or "this is what I was told", I wasn't able to find anything out for sure.

I know I could call the Ford house again, but every time they realize I'm not trying to actually schedule a maintenance appointment, they put me on hold and either hang up, or they take my info and never call back. I've tried calling a couple Austin dealers, and they tell me I'll have to call back to talk to X person, or some other crap.

Again, I wasn't sure where to stick this, because while I saw the Lemon Law forum, I wasn't sure this went in there.

Thank you!
You can take your truck to any Ford dealer and Ford will inspect your vehicle and can tell you whether the proper repairs were made to the vehicle. But you must set up a service appointment.

All automobile companies are not only required by law to notify vehicle owners of recalls, they are also anxious to have the owners of recalled vehicles get their vehicles into a dealership for the needed repairs before there is an accident.

If you have owned the truck for two years, you should already have received a recall notice in the mail from Ford, if the truck still needed the recall work done. The notices are sent in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Because there could potentially be a delay in having the notices sent to a second or a third owner of a vehicle (the notices are sent to the registered owners), visiting a dealership could be the fastest way for you to determine your truck's status.

If the dealership you visit fails to or is unable to fix the defect (generally without charge and within a reasonable amount of time), you can submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave, S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236, or go to http://www.safercar.gov.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Thank you!
You can enter the VIN at this website and see if there are any outstanding recalls or Field Service Actions.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html?pagename=Owner/Page/RecallsPage

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">