• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

notarized agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bunnymolano

I'm in Florida and this is a question concerning contract law.
My boyfriend's exwife had me sign a notarized letter stating that I would give her my car and my boat and my boyfriend would continue to pay the same amount of child support (he pays extra to pay off arrears) and she would remove the arrears. I signed to her old titles to the boat and car (they're void because I ordered new ones) and she will not register them until the judge finalizes the petition to drop arrears.
This all started because my boyfriend could not renew his passport until the arrears were paid or dropped. She saw that we were in a difficult position and took advantage (the agreement states that he'll still pay the current child support and arrears).
Now I'm feeling skeptical about having signed all this. In the letter, she stated that I was his fiancee, which is not correct. We live together and he is married but separated. Can I get out of this agreement? This all happened overnight and I feel that I was ambushed by both of them. I'd really appreciate any feedback on this matter.

Banned_Princess

I'm in Florida and this is a question concerning contract law.
My boyfriend's exwife had me sign a notarized letter stating that I would give her my car and my boat and my boyfriend would continue to pay the same amount of child support (he pays extra to pay off arrears) and she would remove the arrears. I signed to her old titles to the boat and car (they're void because I ordered new ones) and she will not register them until the judge finalizes the petition to drop arrears.
This all started because my boyfriend could not renew his passport until the arrears were paid or dropped. She saw that we were in a difficult position and took advantage (the agreement states that he'll still pay the current child support and arrears).
Now I'm feeling skeptical about having signed all this. In the letter, she stated that I was his fiancee, which is not correct. We live together and he is married but separated. Can I get out of this agreement? This all happened overnight and I feel that I was ambushed by both of them. I'd really appreciate any feedback on this matter.

I don't know why you would sign something like that. if the judge orders that you give up car and boat to satisfy arrears, then thats what you have to do, because YOU said you would do it, in front of a notary. :rolleyes:

and just because you got new titles, doesn't mean her titles are void, it just means you reneged on your contract to pay his arrears with your belongings. something that were untouchable as his CS is none of your responsibility, and now the judge can make you sign the new ones to her too.

nice job genius.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">