• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

notarized lease contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dolphinlvr63

What is the name of your state? virginia
Do lease agreements/contracts from some where like staples have to be notarized to make it legal? I do own the property.....

HomeGuru

Dolphinlvr63 said:
What is the name of your state? virginia
Do lease agreements/contracts from some where like staples have to be notarized to make it legal? I do own the property.....
**A: no unless the lease is going to be recorded such as a commercial lease or master lease. If you are talking about a residential lease, use the Board of Realtors form rather than the generic form from an office supply store.

Dolphinlvr63

It's called a "residential deed of lease"From a supposed realtor. It was given to a friend of mine for me to use..I wasent to sure if that was what "seal" ment..or if i should go to somewhere like staples or if they would all have the word "seal" on them to make it legal....it doesent relly matter i just think it's a real pain.

Souix

Is this just for a plain old residential lease/rental agreement? You could go to Staples or even a property management company may have some they will sell to you.

HomeGuru

Dolphinlvr63 said:
It's called a "residential deed of lease"From a supposed realtor. It was given to a friend of mine for me to use..I wasent to sure if that was what "seal" ment..or if i should go to somewhere like staples or if they would all have the word "seal" on them to make it legal....it doesent relly matter i just think it's a real pain.
**A: I highly doubt that that is the actual title of the document since a lease is not a deed.

Souix

Maybe thats what Virginia's lease option deeds look like. Writer, read through that document you have and make sure its exactly what you want, if not, don't use it. The word "deed" sends up red flags for me, so its probably not what you want.

Dolphinlvr63

yes im trying to rent out property,but it's a first timer for me.The word deed on this form sends a red flag to me too.it is from a real estate office...i wonder were i may get a different one other than staples..thanks to all, for the replys!

HomeGuru

Dolphin, I gave you the answer in my very first post.
Are you not reading my post on porpoise?

signed,
Great White

Dolphinlvr63

AWWWWW im sorry homegaru.... :( ..I think this is a board one for va. realtors.. i just thought having to find a notary was a big pain in the yig yang......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">