• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY, Direct sales problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdl10128

Hi,
I recently purchased a laptop computer from a major computer company. They told me it would arrive on 6/8. I called to check status during the week preceding. They told me it was running late, that it would be shipping on thursday, to call back friday. I called back friday they told me it would ship the following tuesday. I spent $2200 on this. They refunded shipping ($50) friday. I spent nearly 3 hours on the phone with reps arguing that I should get more than free shipping at this point. I'm leaving the state next week and if it doesn't arrive by then I will have more of a problem on my hands. If they told me that the computer would be here on 6/8 have they broken contract and is there any recourse? What should I expect from them? TIA

L

loku

Late delivery

They will PROBABLY have breached the contract if they do not deliver the computer before you leave the state. The date of delivery is a term of the contract. A minor deviation from a contract term is usually not a breach, but where a significant length of time expires between the promised delivery date the actual delivery, there would be a breach. This is particularly the case where the date is important, such as in your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">