• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obligation of credit card companies and reporting agencies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sassycatz

What is the name of your state? California

Is it a requirement in California and in federal statutes that credit card companies and reporting agencies check info received and accessed with the social security number? I am frequently asked by them for my zip code or address and have recently found my credit report has credit history of a roommate and we do not have co-mingled accounts. I am not related to this person and have not given my permission for this person to use my credit. I have contacted all the agencies and card companies requesting they correct my report per the guidelines for this given by the FTC. I need to know if a law has been broken here and besides the FTC where else can I go to report this obvious procedural error.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">