• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Odometer Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supmom810

Update

We went and saw the attorney and he just finished a case of similar circumstances and as he put it, "cleaned house". His advise is a combination of both BB and CJBrowns advise. I am sending a letter requesting the contract be re-written for considerably less. If he does not agree to do this, then the attorney will send a letter of intent to file suit in hopes that he either excepts my offer or void the contract all together and refund us 100%.
If that doesn't work, then I guess we will file suit for Odometer Fraud, Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices, Conspiracy and something to do with he didn't have a Buyers Guide affixed to the car.
Wish me luck. :)

I will of course wish you good luck, even though I don't think it will be necessary. The only problem I could forsee would be the dealer packing up shop in the middle of the night and fleeing before you collect from him.

BB: while you're at it, can you explain one of your posts from odo fraud, the one where you state "The contract is not rewritable, PERIOD. IT is either void or not..." followed a couple of sentences later by, "...the dealer has no obligation to rewrite the contract" (which, BTW, I agree with). If the contract wasn't rewritable PERIOD, why did you also state that the dealer had no obligation to do so? Perhaps your fine legal mind picked up something that would explain your seeming redundancy...

Oh, at the end of the thread, the op notes that she and her attorney had written to the dealer, requesting a rewrite, which was to be followed by legal action for fraud.

Oops! This post was supposed to go with our most current debate. Oh, well, as long as your here, bb, check out supmoms ending post. EErily similar to my advice, huh?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

cjbrown929 said:
BB: while you're at it, can you explain one of your posts from odo fraud, the one where you state "The contract is not rewritable, PERIOD. IT is either void or not..." followed a couple of sentences later by, "...the dealer has no obligation to rewrite the contract" (which, BTW, I agree with). If the contract wasn't rewritable PERIOD, why did you also state that the dealer had no obligation to do so? Perhaps your fine legal mind picked up something that would explain your seeming redundancy...

Oh, at the end of the thread, the op notes that she and her attorney had written to the dealer, requesting a rewrite, which was to be followed by legal action for fraud.
Do you practice being an ass or does it come naturally? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">