• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Odometer Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alt0524

I live in Alabama.

I am suing an individual that sold me a car. They did not disclose to us that the mileage on the odometer was incorrect. They would not buy the car back from us, so we were forced to hire a lawyer. I am concerned that even if we win the case, that they can file bankruptcy and we will end up stuck with nothing on top of thousand of dollars in legal fees that we have paid.

Can the amount due to us be discharged if we win and they file bankruptcy?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in Alabama.

I am suing an individual that sold me a car. They did not disclose to us that the mileage on the odometer was incorrect. They would not buy the car back from us, so we were forced to hire a lawyer. I am concerned that even if we win the case, that they can file bankruptcy and we will end up stuck with nothing on top of thousand of dollars in legal fees that we have paid.

Can the amount due to us be discharged if we win and they file bankruptcy?
Yes.

If you give further details, we can also help you understand if you even have a case to begin with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">