• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer & Acceptance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Becky_bingbing

Firstly, Morgan placed an advertisement in the Daily Express to sell a secondhand pick up truck that he owned - a 2004 Nissan Navara, AE04FXX to be sold at £5,000, interested parties to call 07753 897402. Secondly, he held a garage sale at his house at which various items such as a lap-top computer, a fan, books and an electric oven were displayed, with price tags attached.

I saw the advertisement and called Morgan saying that I would take the said pick up truck at the price stated. Morgan, by this time, had changed his mind and wanted to keep the pick up truck for his 18 year old son to drive to college. He therefore told me that he had decided against selling the vehicle, but that he might sell it if I would pay £6,000 for it. I immediately agreed to the price but Morgan vacillated, saying that he would not sell the car after all.

My friend Katie, who also resided in the area where Morgan lived, saw the garage sale and walked in to have a look at what was on offer. She told Morgan that she would buy the lap-top computer at the price of £10 stated thereon. Morgan profusely apologised saying that he had made a mistake in writing the price, which should have been £100.

What action we can take?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">