• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer to buy new car but dealer can't deliver on date promised

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

astolo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
In Wisconsin ~ I put an offer to purchase a new car at a dealership. The vehicle wasn't on the lot because they had to swap it from another dealers inventory. The delivery date was scheduled for Monday 09-03 however my dealer I'm working with now says they aren't able to get the vehicle from the other dealer in time for Monday. The only paperwork completed was an offer worksheet where we agreed on a price and the loan application. The formal financing paperwork was going to be completed when I took delivery. I'd like to know what my options are because the dealer can't produce the vehicle on the promised delivery date. Is the offer worksheet and loan application a bidding contract and I'm at the mercy of their games? In addition I did put down a small deposit on the new vehicle. Thank you for your time and response.

OHRoadwarrior

It appears the contract has been initiated with a writing, offer, acceptance and consideration. A transit delay is not a significant change unless you will lose a discount otherwise available until 9/3.

justalayman

promised date? Do you have that in writing?

Unless the sale is contingent on them delivering the vehicle on the 3rd, it is not going to allow you to escape this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">