• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Offer to purchase home.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Susan Zink

I live in Arizona now and I am trying to buy a home in Nevada. I made an offer to buy a repo manufactured home with several contingencies. These include a 1 yr warrenty, that a sliding glass door be installed in the master bedroom, a refregerator be installed (they promised a side-by-side with ice maker),and several other repairs be completed. The owner of the real estate place called me up about 3 weeks after my offer was accepted and "advised me that the only reason the bank hadn't backed out of my offer was because they were friends and I had better go to closing soon or risk losing the property." Well I informed him that I had a 90 day close date. Now he wants to change the carpet I ordered ( as promised), I suddenly stuck with the real estate commission???, and he wants to wait until "AFTER" we close to install the slidin glass door. I just learned about that the offer to sell contract expires when we close. It doesn't survive the closing. I think I am being set up. How, short of forfitting the property or ending up in court can I resolve this?

HomeGuru

Something does not sound right. Have a real estate attorney review the contract. I don't trust that agent with 4 marked dice in a game of craps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">