• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oil Company Delivery error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjkinsley

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

Good Morning & Thnaks for your help.

Here's the situation.

We recently had an oil delievery which was intended to go to the house next door to ours. Neither myself nor my husband were home at the time of the delivery. And, it was a company we don't use ourselves.
The oil company has now realized their mistake, and a driver showed up the other day and told us that we could either pay for the oil or they would come pump it out of our tank.

My question is this:
Do we really have to let them pump out the oil? And if so, how can we be assured that they won't pump out any of our oil?We do have the receipt from the truck which is showing 145 gallons.

I appreciate your help with this. Have a great day! Carol Kinsley

JETX

"Do we really have to let them pump out the oil?"
*** Yes. You have to either return the product (oil) or pay for it.

"And if so, how can we be assured that they won't pump out any of our oil?We do have the receipt from the truck which is showing 145 gallons."
*** Simple. Make sure that they have a meter on their 'vacuum truck' and that it starts at zero and stops at 145 gallons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">