• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

online billing dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flreb60

What is the name of your state? FL

First, I'm not sure if this is the proper topic area to ask this question, so if it's not please point me in the right direction.

I signed up with Sony Online Entertainment (soe) for their everquest game in December for $12.95 per month. In January I cancelled my monthly service and signed up for their yearly service. They never acknowledged my cancellation order and charged me for the yearly service while continueing to charge me for the monthly service. They continued to charge me for the monthly service in January and February. I have asked for a refund and they refuse. I have complained to the BBB and I have just received a letter for soe that says they do not make refunds and that I had two different accounts with them. This is not true. It was under the same name with the same password and account number so how can I have "two different accounts?" I have told soe that they have "doubled billed" me, which is what they have done. They contend it is not double billing me because it was two different accounts. I've told my credit card co. not to pay them the $25.90 I feel they owe me.

Am I right? Are there any other options for me? Does this happen to a lot of people?

I know this is relatively petty matter, but I'd bet it happens to a lot of people and it represents big bucks for soe!

flreb60

F

flreb60

reply to djohnson

No there were no stipulations. Their monthy service is $12.95. They have other plans (less expensive) for 3 months, 6 months, and yearly. I signed up for the monthly plan simply to give it a try.
If the game worked ok on my computer then I was going to go to the yearly plan, which is what I did. I am not disputing the yearly charge. I am not dissatisfied with their online game.

flreb60

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">