• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Contracts/Threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MisterKravitz

In early June I visited the website of a Christian ISP. They had a link offering a "free trial". I followed the link to find that the form did not work correctly. I proceeded to call their tech support number. The guy who took my call informed me that I could use the "regular" sign-up page and be given the trial since the other form was not working. I filled out the form and pressed "SEND". It didn't appear to work as I got a page telling me there was a CGI error. I gave up and moved on. Then, several weeks later, I begin receiving bills from them. Before that I had not had any contact from them: no confirmation, no instructions, nothing. Now I'm getting threats from both them and a collection agency that they appear to own. I receive e-mails calling me a "thief" and a "liar". The bills get bigger and bigger. I've been threatened with misdemeanor and/or felony charges. They have a history of bad customer relations and misleading advertising with the BBB. Do I have to pay them? (I'm located in Texas and they're in Kentucky.)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">