• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

online website can i sue them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soulphreak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois
Ok i don't know where this should go or what i should do i want to sue an online web site or atl east get it shut down. Why ok i got kicked off not just like a waring that idid something wrong and they kicked me off. They won't give me a reason and they banned my Ip adress from the site all of the computers i use witch is more then one want to know if there is leagal action i can take or what it is a site called depressiontribe.com i sigined up cause i couls nor afford to see a shrink at this time and don't know if i can get some medical add to help pay i know i can't get on state medical aid so i guess i would not be able to get the satse to pay for a shrink. so if i injur myself cause i am not able to talk to ppl then they will have to pay right any help i can get would be fine thank you soulphreak

Mass_Shyster

Ok i don't know where this should go or what i should do i want to sue an online web site or atl east get it shut down. Why ok i got kicked off not just like a waring that idid something wrong and they kicked me off. They won't give me a reason and they banned my Ip adress from the site all of the computers i use witch is more then one want to know if there is leagal action i can take or what it is a site called depressiontribe.com i sigined up cause i couls nor afford to see a shrink at this time and don't know if i can get some medical add to help pay i know i can't get on state medical aid so i guess i would not be able to get the satse to pay for a shrink. so if i injur myself cause i am not able to talk to ppl then they will have to pay right any help i can get would be fine thank you soulphreak
You have no cause of action to sue.

A website can restrict anyone they want, unless the restriction is based on a legally protected class.

The website has no duty to help you, so if you hurt yourself, you cannot sue them.

Antigone*

Oh puhlease... get some big boy or big girl cahones on.:rolleyes:

They are under no obligation to help you. If you feel you are a danger to yourself or someone else call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.

Stacyinmaine

forum banning

If you threaten suicide they can ban you, some depression forums say that in their terms. Just forget it and move on to another forum, there are plenty of self-help forums out there. Yahoo groups is another good place to look.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">