• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opened box at home and found damaged product.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiburonic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CANADA

I purchased a $1800 home theatre projector from a store and when I opened the box at home, the lens was scratched.
When I brought it back to the store they said they have no way to know if I did it or if it came like that. At the
moment they are making me wait for over a week as they are waiting for answer from manufacturer. They have not replaced
or refunded my money. Is there something I can do ? should I be compensated for waiting with no refund/replacement? or all
I can do is wait and be at their mercy?

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CANADA

I purchased a $1800 home theatre projector from a store and when I opened the box at home, the lens was scratched.
When I brought it back to the store they said they have no way to know if I did it or if it came like that. At the
moment they are making me wait for over a week as they are waiting for answer from manufacturer. They have not replaced
or refunded my money. Is there something I can do ? should I be compensated for waiting with no refund/replacement? or all
I can do is wait and be at their mercy?

Thanks,
Paul
US Law ONLY. I don't think we've annexed Canada yet. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">