• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oral Contract Breach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Piscean

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

As with everyone else, I need some advice on a business matter.

In September 2004 I gave by brother $10,000 cash money to purchase a small lot of property to build a home in the Salton Sea area. He was to construct the home, sell the residence, and then give me a return on the proceeds of the sale from the new house. It was agreed that I would see a return on my investment by February 2005.

As it turns out, the contractor he was using is no longer working for him; No construction has even been made on the lot; and very little communication has been initated by my brother to me since the deal was made.

As a resullt I want out of the deal. Does anyone have any suggested recourses that I can pursue to put him on notice that I want out of the deal and want my money back within a certain time period before I proceed to litigate?

Any advice would be greatful.

S

seniorjudge

Contracts concerning real estate must be in writing.

You may have given your brother a very nice gift if you have nothing in writing to prove what the dough was for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">