• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of business LLC getting sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonbutler

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ALABAMA

I properly closed my single person LLC in Feb of 2010.
I sold outdoor LED signs imported from China. The business failed. Only sold 2 LED signs and loss money.
A customer is not happy with the LED sign that he bought from the LLC - 6 months prior to the LLC went out of business. I wrote him a letter stating I went out of business but I had arranged for him to get a brand new LED display from my supplier - all he had to do was pay for the shipping from China and have it installed. QUESTIONS: Can he sue a out of business LLC that is has not been in business for over 100 days? Can he sue me the owner of the LLC that has been out of business for over 100 days? Thanks.

JETX

Can he sue a out of business LLC that is has not been in business for over 100 days?
Simple answer.... yes. Most state corporate laws allow claims against closed or dissolved businesses for several years. This is to protect buyers from businesses that open up... take money then just close down or re-open under another name.

Can he sue me the owner of the LLC that has been out of business for over 100 days?
Already asked... and answered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">