• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out-of-State Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

italianice57

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
I sent an antique vase to an auction house in NY and it was auctioned off in Sept. 2008. I made a "special" deal with the owner of the company on behalf of the buyer to take payments over the span of six months. It sold for $9500 and my portion was $7400. I have been lenient and taken all the sob stories I can handle and am still owed $3000. The owner will not take responsibility as promised from day one. He said the buyer would be stupid to re-nig on the arrangement because I could request the vase back and he would lose the money he already invested in the piece. Now the tides have changed and he will not send me the money or the vase. What can I do? I have many emails back and forth with him, mostly that I sent him. He calls once in a while when I get really upset with him and then gives me another sob story from the buyer. This was a family heirloom and we sold it out of desparation and now cannot get what we are owed. Please help me to find the avenue to take to get this resolved. Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
I sent an antique vase to an auction house in NY and it was auctioned off in Sept. 2008. I made a "special" deal with the owner of the company on behalf of the buyer to take payments over the span of six months. It sold for $9500 and my portion was $7400. I have been lenient and taken all the sob stories I can handle and am still owed $3000. The owner will not take responsibility as promised from day one. He said the buyer would be stupid to re-nig on the arrangement because I could request the vase back and he would lose the money he already invested in the piece. Now the tides have changed and he will not send me the money or the vase. What can I do? I have many emails back and forth with him, mostly that I sent him. He calls once in a while when I get really upset with him and then gives me another sob story from the buyer. This was a family heirloom and we sold it out of desparation and now cannot get what we are owed. Please help me to find the avenue to take to get this resolved. Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You sold the vase out of deseration but then you took payments:confused:. Couldn't have been that desperate.

Sue the bad man in court. Make sure you file in his jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">