• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maineventer

What is the name of your state? VA

I filled out a form and paid for a sanction from a sporting company in Oct for an April event. In Dec I cancelled the sanctioning and requested refund due to the organization not owning up to their responsibilities. They were supposed to list our event on their site, mail organization calendars with our event info, and provide insurance for our event. They had done none of these things.

The contract has no mention of being non-refundable if cancelled. I'm in VA, but the organization is based in Washington state. They claim I am not entitled to a refund because I requested cancellation of the sanctioning. I think I should be issued a full refund since they did nothing. Who's right?

Can small claims court be used in VA with them being based in WA? If not, what options do I have to claim a refund that don't include travel to WA?

Thanks for any help,
Matt

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">