• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over the phone agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

b_luv_hawaii

I am from Hawaii. I tried to cancel my service with AT&T Wireless. I was told that I would be subject to an "early conract termination" penalty because I was terminating service inside of the agreed upon one year service plan.
I originally signed up with Honolulu Cellular, who were subsequently bought out by AT&T Wireless, in April of 2000. When service began with AT&T, I signed nothing. As service continued, I needed more airtime minutes and called to have some added. Everything was going fine until I decided to cancel service with AT&T. I called to do so and was told that by adding that new feature(ie-more airtime) in January of 2001, I verbally agreed to extend my contract one more year. In the conversation to add airtime, I was not told that I would be subject to another years obligation. I would like to end service with AT&T as soon as possible.

HomeGuru

They are giving you a load of crap. Send a certified rrr letter to those jokers:

Option letter 1: stating your position and that you are terminating services due to their illegal ripoff tactics.
Send a copy of the letter to the Hawaii office of the BBB and the PUC and the Washington office of the FCC and the FTC.

Option letter 2: stating da kine mainland companies trying fo rip da kine Hawaiian locals off. Tell dem dey stay pau, lau lau. If dey not goin fix da kine problums, you goin send choke moa leddahs and sen da blalahs after der okole.
Dey need one slap upside dere heads with da Bruddah Sam local kine grinds is da winnas slippa.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">