• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overcharge on material

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robfeld

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I recently had some electrical work done to wire a spa at my home. No contract, no estimate. When I received bill, the contractor is charging material prices about twice what the exact same material is available to anyone at Home Depot or Lowes. Am I justified in paying only the retail Home Depot prices, or is this not worth the hassel? Only talking about $150 or so, but the the principle bothers me.

Thanks

Just tryin to help ya out....I am clueless as to Wiscosin laws but in TN an estimate doesn't usually mean jack, it just gives you an idea as to about how much something is going to cost. Everyone gets screwed around like that at some point in life and I personally don't think there's anything at all you can do except pay the bill. If you are that upset about the bill then contact the Better Business Bureau and file a claim against that company and never use them again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">