• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overcharged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fasimonis

I live in California, and I purchased a business from an individual who is retiring. I found out that one of our vendors has been overcharging us for years. The vendor said they would credit the overcharges from the date I took over the business (1/01), but the overcharges prior to that date would not be credited. They said since the old account was closed and a new one was opened, the credit could not be issued. However, the old account is still active. Do I have any recourse for these credits? The total comes to about $2,000.00 for the last two years. (I have received credits from other vendors applicable to the period prior to the purchase.)
Thank you.

JETX

When you purchased the company, did it include ALL assets. If so, the overdue account is an asset and should have survived the purchase.

Send them a real nice demand letter by certified RRR. Tell them that you expect payment within a reasonable time (10 days after receipt) or you will be forced to take further action. If they don't pay, take them to small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">