• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overpaid on judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pamela Simpson

I live in Missouri. I have a judgment against me that I have appealed. The plaintiff has garnished my bank accounts and my husband's paycheck. At 9% interest he has collected over $200 more than the original judgment and court costs including server fees. Will I be able to address the overpayment when my trial de novo is heard, or do I need to file a small claims court case against the plaintiff. Would also like to know if there is a set interest rate for judgments. Have been told it is 9%, plaintiff charged 18% for 2 months and then moved to 24%. Will the court address the mechanics lien on my property and how can I make plaintiff show credit bureau the judgment has been paid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">