• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owner did not fully explain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dunnon41

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
I own a house used as rental property. I was told to purchase a roll of vinyl to floor the entire property. I went to a flooring warehouse. I stated to the owner of the business that I needed a roll of vinyl. I showed the owner the measurements for the entire rental property. He calculated the measurements and then we discussed the prices of rolls of vinyl for the rental. A selection was made and was paid for by credit card. A week later my handyman went to pick up the roll of vinyl I paid for. The warehouse workers cut off a peice of the roll and stated to the handyman that I did not purchase the entire roll---I had only purchased enough for the measurements of the rental property. The handyman took what was given to him. He started laying the vinyl, but he realized that he did not have enough vinyl to complete two rooms of the rental property. I called the owner, who did not come to the phone---he allowed the sales manager to do the talking for him. I was not satisfied with the sales manager's decision because he stated the owner was not going to give me the roll of vinyl or the amount of vinyl needed to finish my rental property. I drove to the business to speak with the owner personally. He became rude and walked away from me stating he could not make me understand that I only purchased a partial amount of the roll of vinyl. Not once did he say to me on the day of the purchase that I was only paying for a section of the roll of vinyl. He made me believe I was getting the entire roll. I now can not rent my rental property because there is no vinyl in two of the rooms. How can I get the owner to give me what I need to finish my flooring job on my rental propety?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

racer72

How can I get the owner to give me what I need to finish my flooring job on my rental propety?
Buy it? I have never heard of anyone buying an entire roll of flooring, they weigh hundreds of pounds and unless one has a large truck and specialized equipment, they are difficult to move. Most vinyl is purchased in pieces big enough to do a room, enough to do a house is generally purchased in many pieces. Plus about 10% of what is purchased will end up as scrap. This is an example why flooring store prefer the measurements come from professional flooring installers, do it yourselfers almost always end up short.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">