• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

owner refusing refund on scooter paid for but didnt leave store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjmaraldo

i bought a scooter bike for $800 dollars that was on floor of shop it was supposed to be delivered for christmas went back two days later and wanted a refund as i found the exact same scooter for $300 cheaper the scooter never left store and it was only two days later now the owner is coming up with every excuse as to y he cant refund or saying will have to pay restocking fees ect but this is a used scooter and the owner is saying that because its on commission and excuse after excuse he is having trouble refunding and is giving us the run around is there any avanue i can take or am i in the wrong ???? any advice would help

racer72

What is the store's refund policy? Just because you changed your mind does not mean the retailer is required to refund your money.

sandyclaus

i bought a scooter bike for $800 dollars that was on floor of shop it was supposed to be delivered for christmas went back two days later and wanted a refund as i found the exact same scooter for $300 cheaper the scooter never left store and it was only two days later now the owner is coming up with every excuse as to y he cant refund or saying will have to pay restocking fees ect but this is a used scooter and the owner is saying that because its on commission and excuse after excuse he is having trouble refunding and is giving us the run around is there any avanue i can take or am i in the wrong ???? any advice would help
What is the store's refund policy? Just because you changed your mind does not mean the retailer is required to refund your money.
Agreed. I don't think it's that the retailer is having trouble refunding, but that a refund may not be an option - or if it is, that there is a restocking fee that may well take up a significant portion of any potential refund.

You need to find out what the store's refund policy is. It may well be that this is an "all sales are final" situation, especially given that this is a floor model and it was a used item to begin with. It's not the store's fault that you didn't do your homework before making your purchase.

swalsh411

What makes you think you are entitled to a refund? Let's start there. You saw the scooter and paid the money. Just because you didn't yet physically remove it from the store delivery doesn't mean it's not now your property.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
But if it never left the store, why would there be a restocking fee?
Because it can't be sold as 'new' anymore. It's an 'out of box' item now. Why should the retailer lose money because you changed your mind? :cool:

OHRoadwarrior

But if it never left the store, why would there be a restocking fee?
Because it is now a previously owned scooter. Because they can. Because they want to. Because they are in the business to make money, not floor plan extra scooter inventory that was ordered after you purchased one from stock.

vbx

Because it is now a previously owned scooter. Because they can. Because they want to. Because they are in the business to make money, not floor plan extra scooter inventory that was ordered after you purchased one from stock.
He bought an "on the floor model". It wasn't in a sealed box or anything.

If paid by credit card, just file a dispute since you never took delivery of the item.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
He bought an "on the floor model". It wasn't in a sealed box or anything.

If paid by credit card, just file a dispute since you never took delivery of the item.
You're wrong, put please feel free to carry on. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">