• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid balance in full now University claiming wrong balance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tori1206

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Paid college balance in full more then 3 months later they are claiming that I know owe $3500 additional money saying that all the past statements were wrong. This is the same University that had me owing the exact amount which took me two years to clear it up now that same thing is happening again the previous time I didn't pay the balance since it was too much this time I paid the balance and now they are saying I owe more which i don't believe. WHat should I do? Can I fight this?

I have my original statement along with my money order for the amount plus I have a statement two months later that my current balance is zero and I have a late fee for $50. Then I have an additional statement for my current balance Zero and another late fee for the following month it was 90+ days before they are claiming I owe additional money and this was after I started questioning it in the first place since I thought I paid too much now they are claiming I didn't pay enought.....now they want to put me in collections they can't do that can they?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">