• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid for computer in person, have not received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calypsoman3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

I gave a man $750 to build me a computer. He gave me written receipt and said it would take a few days. A few days later said the computer was done but has not met up with me in two weeks. He keeps giving me excuses why he cant meet up or says he will be over and then never shows. I have caught him in a few lies and then he gets mad and defensive. I know his first name and supposed last name. I have also been to his house. He is still contacting me daily about meeting but always falls through. Today will be the 8 consecutive attempt. He also lives within 2 miles of me so meeting should be a fairly easy task. All communication has been done via Text message. Is this enough to take to small claims court or is there any other course of action i should take? Thank you very much.

CSO286

You know where he lives, why not stop there and (hopefully) get your computer, or your money back?

calypsoman3

I have tried but he has an excuse every time. i have even went to his house and asked if he is home. He says no but then i see him in the window. I don't want to make accusations and make the situation more difficult to resolve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">