• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid in full / still no product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CivilRightsRebel

What is the name of your state? Michigan

There is this company / webpage that makes a specific (custom) piece for my classic car (the company resides in CA). I spoke with the owner via email and phone several times.

The owner informed me that they were finalizing the tooling for this product and were taking pre-orders. I gave him my CC# and paid in full (approx $900).

This was last year. It took several emails for this person to respond now. I was inquiring about the status of the product. He's telling me now that they're having problems with tooling and there is no ETA on the part.

This is starting to worry me.

What I'm wondering is, if he goes out of business or runs, is there anyway to get my cash back? I've already checked with the BBB and currently there are no open cases with this person / business. Is a receipt worth anything if he closes shop?

I just sent him another email today asking him to look at this scenario from a consumers point of view and to refund my money. I'm hoping for the best.

As always, thanks in advance!

H

hexeliebe

Contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. Tell them the whole story and ask that your account be credited.

Then buy a 1959 Mercedes 300 SL....:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">